Dior Fall 2015 Cosmopolite Review

Monday 27 July 2015

I normally would not do collection reviews. However, being given ample access to this collection has prompted me to do a review of 4 items of the collection I personally own.

About the Collection

The Cosmopolite collection is the first by Christian Dior Makeup's creative and image director, Peter Phillips. Peter Phillips previously worked as creative director of Chanel's makeup and beauty lines. He rose to prominence following a photo shoot for American Vogue in 2005 featuring Lisa Cant.

What's New

There are plenty of limited edition pieces, as expected but this collection also introduces a few new permanent products and colours. Dior's Crayon Sourcils Poudre (Eyebrow Pencil) are repackaged with two new colours. Fix It is Dior's newest addition to the Backstage Pro family as a concealer.

The Limited Editions

Dior Addict Fluid Stick Top to Bottom: 455 Metamorphose, 289 Versatile, 499 Avant Garde, 784 Chic*

5 Couleurs Cosmopolite L-R: 766 Exuberante, 866 Eclectic

Diorskin Nude Cosmopolite

Dior Addict Fluid Shadow Top to Bottom: 655 Univers, 275 Cosmic, 025 Magnetic, 825 Aurora, 545 Phenix, 075 Eclipse

Dior Vernis L-R: 701 Metropolis, 785 Cosmopolite*, 791 Darling Blue, 982 Black Out, 001 Miroir

Diorblush Cheek Stick Top to Bottom: 845 Cosmopolite Pink, 675 Cosmopolite Coral, 765 Cosmopolite Rosewood
* Permanent Colours

The Review


Diorblush Cheek Stick

I was most excited for the Diorblush Cheek Stick. I first saw it featured on a behind the scenes clip for Dior Cruise 2015. Dior's permanent line does not feature a cream blush and I was on the hunt for one. I wasn't impressed by Chanel's Les Beiges cream blush and I resisted the temptation of Burberry's Cheek and Lip Bloom. 

I picked up Cosmopolite Pink which is a gorgeous bright true pink. Rosewood is a lovely medium rose colour which is far more universal but I have another blush in that colour. 

The blush is long wearing and vibrant and very much worth putting into your makeup bag. 

Diorskin Nude Cosmopolite

I often get asked about highlighters and nothing in the permanent line measures up to this highlighter for emulating the newest trend in highlighting - strobing. It produces a lovely sheen o the skin without being glittery. Nude gold in colour, it is beautiful on all skin tones. I'm glad I fell in love with this after being given a chance to play around with them. 


Dior Addict Fluid Shadow

I was given 655 Univers when I attended the training for this collection which is a brown-grey colour. It's definitely high impact but does take a little bit of time to get used to using. It doesn't dry very quickly so it gives you enough time to blend out when you apply it to your mobile lid. If you were to pick up a colour I would suggest Aurora or Cosmic.

Dior Fix It


Fix It is the newest member of both the concealer and Backstage Pro families. It is a primer and concealer in one, designed for your face, eyes and lips. I primarily use it under my eyes to cover my dark circles and it does a wonderful job at smoothing out my super tiny tiny tiny fine lines. You don't need to work too hard at applying and blending so its a nice quick solution to pop in your purse.

Top to Bottom: Dior Addict Fluid Shadow 655 Univers, Diorskin Nude Cosmopolite, Diorblush Cheek Stick Cosmopolite Pink


Have you had a look at the new Dior Fall Collection?

Post a Comment