Project 10 Pan - Makeup Edition

Thursday 9 July 2015

I've wanted to embark on this project for a while now but now that I work in the beauty industry, I feel it even more prudent that I do this sort of thing.


What is Project 10 Pan?

Project 10 Pan is a challenge in which you devote yourself to using up 10 beauty products before purchasing new ones. You may have your own rules for the challenge if you wish. The Project is also a good way to work on achieving a Capsule Makeup Collection.

My Own Rules

1. Only makeup products qualify. Including things like moisturiser and shampoo is just lazy.
2. Makeup must be completely used up - empty pans, bottles and tubes. Over 90% of the pan must be visible.
3. Replacements may be purchased if you have no other suitable alternatives.

Why Project 10 Pan if you're a Makeup Artist?

In all honesty, while I do admire those who create beautiful makeup looks on themselves, I question whether they've expended all their creative energy on themselves and have none left to put into their work. Ultimately I work in a creative field, I can't afford to expend unnecessary energy on my own face when it is my job to come up with looks for others. 

Plus I think it's refreshing when you have only a few things in your makeup collection than every single MAC product ever released.

The Makeup in Question

Cushion Foundations



This is probably one of my favourite types of makeup. However, I went a little insane the last few months and ended up with 3 cushion type foundations. Hopefully by the end of this challenge I'll choose a favourite and stick to that.


I also have the refills to get through as well because with each of these I bought it in the refill sets. I'll try and finish these refills too but it might take longer.

Foundation

These are extremely recent purchases. I wasn't happy with my current collection of foundations - I've either thrown or given most of them away already. I was looking for a matte foundation but I couldn't find a high end foundation that did what I wanted. I'm still not sure how I feel about these but I hope I can use them up so I can replace them with the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua - my all time favourite.


Concealer

I only have these concealers to use up and I'm confident that I'll use them up fairly easily. The Maybelline Fit Me concealer is on its last legs and I use the Bobbi Brown on a daily basis. The Dior Skinflash is new but I received that from training so I didn't actually pay any money for it. I'm not sure if I want to include it in the challenge since I'm trying to make the most of makeup I've purchased.  I would like to try the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage after I'm done with these. 


Pencils

Pencils do not present too much of a challenge - they're used up easily and I have no real desire to repurchase more. The Missha brow pencil is quite nice to use so I'll probably keep going back to it when I'm done with it. In terms of lip pencils, I do want to try the No7 Nude pencil since Lisa Eldridge features it a lot on her videos. 


I don't own many eyeliner pencils - only the Urban Decay 24/7 Liners but I've had those for a fair number of years (maybe 3...?). I will repurchase those but only in colours other than black. 

Eye Products

All the other categories are comparatively easy. I am extremely light handed when it comes to makeup in general. This might help me evolve as a makeup artist - having to use more eyeshadow. The Chanel palette is from a holiday collection and I have yet to use it up. I think because the eyeshadows are baked I'll be able to finish it quickly. Not to mention there's not much product in them anyway. 
The two MAC shadows (Naked Lunch and Satin Taupe) and really quite nice but I haven't made as much of a dint in them as I would have liked for how long I've owned them. I think paired with the Charlotte Tilbury cream shadow, I can get through them.
The Charlotte Tilbury palette is quite new so I won't be getting through that anytime soon but I know it's the type of palette I like to use on a daily basis. 


The Bobbi Brown gel liner I will repurchase again and again as it is my go to liner. It's very versatile and I no longer use liquid or pencil eyeliners. 

There's my Project 10 Pan. While I realise there are more than 10 products featured, ultimately these are the products I'd like to use up before buying any more from each category. I'd like to consolidate my personal makeup collection so that it's more manageable.



Post a Comment