Australis AC on Tour Contour Kit

Monday 27 April 2015



Product Profile
Brand: Australis
Name: AC on Tour Contouring and Highlighting Kit
Texture: Powder
Finish: Mixed
Price: AUD $16.95
Where to Purchase: This is available at Priceline stores as well as the Australis website.
Possibly one of the most hyped up products in social media right now in terms of Australian makeup brands. Due to hype it has been extremely hard getting my hands on this. However in a moment of genius, I decided to order it online from Priceline. Yes, you can now order online from Priceline.
The quality of the powders themselves I was very impressed with. I'll be honest, I really don't expect much from drugstore/high street makeup so this was a pleasant surprise for me. Each of the contour colours are pigmented and the powders are soft. The highlighting powders are adequately shimmery and light. That being said, when you tap your brush into the powder, it does crumble a little.

The biggest complaint I've been hearing is that the powders are extremely hard to blend and can look muddy on the skin. This is the kind of product that definitely takes a different technique to utilise properly. The best way I've found to work with the contour colours is to dab your brush into the powder once, tapping off any excess. Then very lightly sweep the colour where you want it to be placed and work the product in circular motions, putting as little pressure on your brush as you can manage. Do not put heavy pressure on your brush or the powder will just sit in your skin and not move. 


The highlighting colours are the opposite to the contour colours. They are easy to blend but be careful with the shimmery peach. If you use too much the product will just spread too much and make you look more greasy than glowing.

I do think that this kit will not suit those with fair skin. The contour colours are far too dark for very pale skin. If you have medium yellow or olive base skin, you might find it can work well for you.

One of the pans did fall out of the palette though. Nothing a bit of glue won't fix though. It probably is a result of my clumsiness. 
Pigmentation: 
Quality:
Longevity: 
Value:
In terms of the criteria I usually judge products by, it's a keeper. I like it for my kit. It is a bit difficult to make work, but for that kind of price I really don't expect much. Hell, the fact that you can see the colour and even pick up product with a brush is enough for me to recommend this. However, this is subject your own skintone and your willingness to learn how to make this product work. 

Arisu x

Post a Comment