Australis Velourlips

Monday 2 March 2015




 Product Profile

Brand: Australis
Name: Velourlips Matte Lip Cream
Colour: DOO-BAI
Texture: Thicker than most lip products, cream texture
Finish: Matte
Price: AUD $9.95
Where to Purchase: This is available at Priceline stores as well as the Australis website.


I gravitate toward dark, plummy reds - they're my preferred lip colour on a day-to-day basis. I wasn't expecting too much from this product despite the Instagram hype but I can see what the fuss is about. It has a nice fruity scent and even my friend who doesn't like the smell of most lip products likes it. 
It reminds me of the Boujois Rouge Edition Velvet and in all honesty I think the only difference between the two is price point and scent.
It has excellent pigmentation. My only complaint is that if you do not moisturise your lips thoroughly before hand (before you apply any makeup so that the balm can absorb), the cream can sit in the wrinkles of your lips. The matte finish does dry up your lips a tad but on smooth lips it applies like a dream.
It does last for quite a long time because it dries matte unless you eat!

Pigmentation: 
Quality:
Longevity: 
Value:


I would most definitely repurchase this product and in this shade. I do want to pick up a few more shades because it's a great lip product and the price is quite affordable.

Arisu x

Post a Comment